The Stroke Center
Advances in stroke treatment are most effective when patients are seen within the first four hours after symptoms develop. Carolinas HealthCare System Stanly's proximity can-and does-save time and lives. That's why we are a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center.
You may be at risk for a stroke if you have one or more of the following risk factors:
- High Blood Pressure
Knowing what to look for in a suspected stroke patient could mean the difference between life or death. Follow these critical guidelines-act FAST when it comes to stroke-because the faster you act, the more time you may have.
- FACE-Does the face look uneven? Ask the person to smile.
- ARM-Does one arm drift down? Ask him or her to raise both arms.
- SPEECH-Does the person's speech sound strange? Ask him or her to repeat a phrase.
- TIME-Every second, brain cells die. Call 911 at any sign of stroke.
An active Stroke Support Group is available to patients and caregivers.
For more information about the Stroke Center, contact the stroke coordinator at (980) 323-4586. For more information about the stroke support group, contact (980) 323-4536.
In this section
- Behavioral Health Services
- Breast Health
- Cancer Services
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Child Advocacy
- Disease Management & Health Education
- Emergency Services
- Lab Services
- Mother and Baby Center
- Nutrition Therapy
- Occupational Health Services
- Pain Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Medicine
- Special Events & Catering
- Stroke Center
- Urgent Care
- Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine